NormaTec Recovery System At Sydney Physio Clinic
Sydney Physio Clinic is proud to offer our patients the option of NormaTec compression boots as part of our health services. NormaTec is a world leading recovery system that is used with great success following intensive exercise, post-surgically, as a lymphatic drainage tool and even to simply freshen up the legs in anyone working standing on their feet all day long.
Whether NormaTec recovery system is used to assist in the removal of waste from the muscles following training, improving fluid flow in and around a surgery or injury site, help shift lymphatic fluid or aid relaxation following an extended time on your feet… You don’t have to be an elite athlete to enjoy the benefits of NormaTec.
Popular Uses For Compression Treatment At Sydney Physio Clinic
Although most of our Sydney CBD customers utilize our NormaTec Recovery System for recovery between training sessions, several of our patients undergoing post surgical rehab following procedures including achilles tendon repair, ACL reconstructions, ankle stabilizations, or any internal fixation of fractures of the lower limb enjoy the benefits of dynamic compression in reducing inflammation & swelling and helping manage pain.
The Normatec Recovery System is ideal for:
- Assisting the rehabilitation of lower limb injuries such as the classic hamsting strains, calf strains, quad strains…
- Helping manage post surgical swelling in the legs following lower limb surgeries.
- Optimising recovery time frames from heavy training loads.
- Helping freshen up the legs in preparation for an upcoming match or event or following a long day.
What Does The Compression Feel Like?
There are a variety of available settings with the NormaTec Recovery System “NormaTec. The “Pulse Massage Pattern” employs three key techniques to maximise recovery.
Like the kneading and stroking performed during a relaxing massage, the compression each segment of the attachment will provide will first compress in a pulsing manner then release. With this process repeating for each segment of the attachment as the customised compression pattern works its way progressively up your legs.
- Pulsing: The patented pulsing action used mimics the muscle pump action of the legs and greatly enhances the movement of fluid and metabolites out of the legs following an intense workout.
- Gradients: “NormaTec Pulse Technology” uses hold pressures to keep fluids from being forced back in the wrong direction, delivering optimized pressure in every zone. With the option of boost zones to target any additional needed compression at specific sites.
- Distal Release: The “Sequential Pulse Technology” releases hold pressures once they are no longer needed. By releasing the hold pressure in each zone as soon as possible, each portion of the limb gains maximal rest time without significant pausing between the compression cycles.
Can I Benefit From The NormaTec Recovery System?
NormaTec can be of potential benefit in many situations, however it isn’t for everyone. You should not use NormaTec compression treatment if you suffer with any of the following:
- Deep vein thrombosis, or pulmonary embolism
- Wounds, lesions, or tumours at, or near the site of compression
- Acute infections
- Previous inguinal (groin) lymph node surgery/excision
- Acute pulmonary oedema
- Acute congestive cardiac failure
- Acute thrombophlebitis
- Fractures or dislocations at or near the site of compression
- And any conditions where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
If you have any questions regarding the NormaTec Recovery System treatment session used at Sydney Physio Clinic and have questions regarding it’s relevance to your individual situation, then please contact us and one of our Sydney physiotherapist team will happily assist with any queries you have. All pricing structures can be found on our website for our appointments and additional services including NormaTec compression sessions and these prices are also displayed when making any online booking with Sydney Physio Clinic.
Sessions Set Up By A Practicing Physiotherapist
All NormaTec sessions at Sydney Physio Clinic are set up and guided by one of our physiotherapists and as a result any private health insurance cover you have can be applied for a “Recovery Session”, claimed directly via our HICAPS machine billed under the blanket of your physiotherapy cover. The exact amount your individual health fund will rebate on a recovery session depends on your insurer and the level of cover stated in your policy.